Saturday, October 23, 2010

Would Jesus Have Approached Me?



I was thinking today about Jesus and the people he came into contact with.  I wonder if I had been alive when He was walking the earth if He would have noticed me.  It made me think of the people He spoke to.  The people he sought out.  The people He approached.  Below is a list of some of the people I found doing a quick thumb through of the gospels.  It’s such a varied list.  The prophet, the disciples, the sinners, and the sick.  What made them stand out?  Were they simply in the right place at the right time?  Or do they have some sort of common link?  The only conclusion I can come to is that what I’ve heard many times, but never found clearly stated in the Bible (although it could very well be in there, I’m certainly no expert) is true.  God doesn’t discriminate.  He can and wants to touch, impact, change and use each and every person He has created, regardless of race, culture, talents, or background.  It’s good to know that we don’t have to fit into a standard mold to be used by God.  We don’t have to try to squeeze into an image that just doesn’t fit.  That He made us unique for a purpose.  
John the baptist
Some of His disciples
The Samaritan Woman
The invalid by the pool of water - John 5:5
Lazarus
Martha and Mary
Zacchaeus
The widow’s son - Luke 7:11-17
While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and “sinners” came and ate with him and his disciples.  When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and ‘sinners’?”  On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.  But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’  For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
Matthew 9:10-13
He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”  Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.  For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
Matthew 12:48-50




0 comments:

Post a Comment