Saturday, October 23, 2010

That's NOT Your Toothbrush!




So Matthew’s at a stage where he instantly wants everything his brother has.  If Josiah has a toy Matthew wants it.  If Josiah is doing something Matthew wants to do the same thing.  If Josiah has a cookie Matthew wants two.  So I’m not surprised that while brushing our teeth this morning he grabbed Josiah’s toothbrush when I wasn’t looking.  I guess he thought it might taste better than his.  
It’s one of the first lessons we learn.  Not to covet.  Seems to be a difficult one for a one year old.  The sad part is that one year olds are not the only ones struggling to learn this lesson.  I sure hope Matthew learns faster than I do!
“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house.  You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”
Exodus 20:17

0 comments:

Post a Comment