Sunday, October 24, 2010

I See You!


I live my life under a microscope.  Everything I say, everything I do, every facial expression I make is absorbed by three little pairs of eyes.  I may not be an example to many, but I am an example to those I treasure most.  My children.  
They hear me let out a frustrated sigh and the next time they get frustrated that sigh I showed them comes out.  They see me complain when I don’t like something and they do the same.  They see me hide toys under the couch and the next time I tell them to pick up the toys guess where they put them.  They catch me eating chocolate in the kitchen before dinner and they want chocolate to! 
They see me pray, they pray.  They hear me laugh and they laugh with me.  They see me eat broccoli and they eat it to.  They see me smile and they smile back.  I hug them and they hug back. 
 I can’t hide my weaknesses or my strengths from them.  They see me clearer than anyone.  They are always there.  Observing and learning from me.  There’s no fooling them.  So now, more than ever I have to be good from the inside out.  I have to show integrity and speak truth.  I have to be the example I want them to follow.
In everything set them an example by doing what is good.  In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
Titus 2:7-8

0 comments:

Post a Comment