Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Calm In The Storm


I had the privilege of watching my nephew Adoniram today.  I had heard that after you have 3 children it’s just as easy to have 4.  I only had all four for one day, but honestly it seemed to be the same amount of work.  It wasn’t any more difficult for me and my boy’s loved being able to play with their cousin all day.  Caleb seemed unaffected by the change to.  As you can see he is sound asleep while the other three were playing, making noise and on occasion fighting over toys in the background.  But Caleb was calm.  He was the calm in the storm.  

Jesus was the calm in the storm in Luke 8.  While everyone was frightened He had the peace of God and was fast asleep.  When He woke his actions and words brought calm to the storm that surrounded him.  When we’re in the middle of a storm what do we do?  Do we contribute to the storm and make it bigger?  Or do we decide to BE the calm in the storm.  When I see this picture of Caleb I’m reminded to be the calm in the storm.  I have the peace of God in me and the ability to transmit that peace to the circumstances that surround me.  Will I do it?

One day Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s go over to the other side of the lake.”  So they got into a boat and set out.  As they sailed, he fell asleep.  A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.  The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”  He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters;  the storm subsided, and all was calm.

Luke 8:22-24

1 comment:

  1. love that you can see the calmness in the storm! that's where Jesus is! love YOU!

    ReplyDelete