Saturday, October 23, 2010

Clean My Lollypop!


My son came to me asking me to clean his lollypop with water.  So I did.  But it reminded me of how not long ago he needed a lollypop cleaned and decided to do it himself instead of asking for help.  The picture above is of the lollypop after being cleaned by Josiah with toilet paper.  Not the best lollypop cleaning method.  
When it happened I posted it on Facebook saying that it reminded me of how our lives end up sometimes when we try to clean things up ourselves instead of asking God to do it for us.  We are human, and regardless of how hard we try, we can’t achieve forgiveness ourselves and we can’t cleanse our own souls.  That’s God’s job.  Sometimes there are just situations where we have to turn it over and say “God change me!”  There are things that are just to big for us to handle on our own.  We need God to take over and we need to work with Him to change those things.  
If I spill mustard on my white shirt, I can do everything possible not to spill anymore.  I can start eating plain hotdogs with no sauce.  I can wear a bib.  I can be very careful.  But none of that will remove the mustard that is already there.  In this aspect we can think of God’s word as the super amazing stain remover!  That not only will remove the stains we already have, but will be there to remove any future stains also.  It’s awesome when times are tough and we find ourselves not being super mom to know that we don’t have to do it on our own.  
Just as Josiah couldn’t clean his own lollypop, we can’t clean our own lives.  Praise God He does it for us.
I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me.  
Jeremiah 33:8

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear them from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14


0 comments:

Post a Comment