Saturday, October 23, 2010

Clean!





I didn’t wake up in the best mood this morning.  Like most pregnant mornings all I wanted to do was roll over and go back to sleep.  But with two little ones asking for milk and needing diaper changes, it’s just not an option.  I did however get a chance to do something that I don’t get to do every morning.  Shower.  
Now most of you reading this are reading it because you are mothers.  I’ll assume you understand some days you feel like you barely have time to pee, much less do anything else alone.  For those of you who still have not experienced the quirks of motherhood you’ll just have to take my word for it.  Showers most often happen in the afternoon during nap time or at night after the kids are asleep.  Morning showers are a rare occurrence, but really what a nice way to start the day.  I came out feeling fresh and clean.  
It’s amazing how being physically clean can change your attitude and perspective.  If that’s what physical cleanliness can do just imagine what happens when we are spiritually clean and fresh!  No wonder the psalmist asked God to give him a clean heart and a renewed spirit.  Let’s start each day with a spiritual shower.  Asking God to cleanse us on the inside.  We’ll find new strength to face our day.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10 


0 comments:

Post a Comment