Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Happy Mother's Day





I have to say that Mother’s Day weekend can be crazy.  Friday my loving husband told me that he and my sons wanted to take me out for breakfast on Saturday for Mother’s Day.  I was thinking great idea for several reasons.  First, Sunday we had plans with my Mother in Law and the family.  I also thought that it would be nice and calm since it’s breakfast, and it’s not actually Mother’s Day yet.  
Well we passed by Mimi’s and there were a ton of people waiting outside and no parking.  We considered La Madeline, but I was sure it would be full to.  So we went to Cracker Barrel.  It’s in a less central location and we thought there wouldn’t be as many people.  We were wrong!  We had decided to celebrate early with what appeared to be the entire population of Arlington!  When we were seated it was noisy and stressful.  The food however was delicious.  
From there we went to a community activity where we saw some crazy looking cars, ate some frozen yogurt and let Josiah pet some puppies.  Then we went to see a friend who unfortunately was spending her first Mother’s day in the hospital away from her 3 week old baby.  I am someone who loves holidays and celebrating, but I have definitely come to the realization that they don’t always turn out the way you want.  
When I think about this Mother’s day I smile.  I think of the smiles of my children and the thoughtfulness of my husband and I rejoice.  I realize that the very reason I can celebrate Mother’s Day is also the best gift I can receive.  
May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice!
Proverbs 23:251                        
P.S.  Sweetie, this doesn’t mean I no longer want my gift.  (LOL it’s on backorder)  ; )

0 comments:

Post a Comment