Saturday, October 23, 2010

Praise Baby



Josiah sang the name “Jesus” today!  He asked to watch a Praise Baby video and he and Matthew loved it.  I was getting ready for church and when I came back into the living room I heard Josiah singing along with the DVD and I heard him sing Jesus.  So sweet!  He had said it before, but it was so different hearing him sing it.  I am now convinced that the purest, greatest joy for a mother is to see your children worshiping Jesus.  Especially when it is something that is their own choice, without the need of encouragement from you.  Of course I did go running to him and give him kisses and lots of praise.  
So how do we get to see our children worshiping God?  Children learn from instruction and by imitation.  We would be hard pressed to see our kids in worship, if they never saw us in worship.  Josiah raises his hands during worship at church, but only when he sees us do it.  For him to switch from just imitation to true worship that comes from his spirit though, he has to understand what it is he is doing and who it is he is worshiping.  That’s where the instruction comes in.  It’s amazing to me how much at 2 1/2 years old my son understands when we spend the time to explain things to him.  I hope that each of you have also had this amazing experience of seeing your children decide on their own to worship and sing the name of Jesus.  
From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise . . . 
Psalms 8:2
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.  
Proverbs 22:6

0 comments:

Post a Comment