Saturday, October 23, 2010

Made For Relationship


My day started early this morning.  We had our MOPS Christmas brunch and I made breakfast burritos.  It was a hectic morning and I didn’t have time to do everything I needed to.  It’s good I have such an awesome loving husband who helped me get the boys dressed and ready.  I was still late, but once I got there dropped my boys off to their respective classes and took off my jacket, I had a great time.  I am so thankful for this awesome group of women I am privileged to call friends.  It’s only been a few months since I first went to a MOPS meeting, but in that short time I have made friendships that I treasure and seen friend’s babies grow.  
It got me thinking about why I enjoy those meetings so much.  Why do I like to get together with other moms?  Why even have friendships?  Why have relationships at all?  The answer is simple.  We were made for relationship.  From birth we are linked to our parents and family through relationship.  Then we grow and have friends, classmates, workmates, husbands, in-laws, children, grandchildren.  All different kinds of relationships fill our lives.  What’s the purpose?  
Forming relationships with people prepares and helps us learn how to form a relationship with God.  The Bible compares God to a friend that sticks closer than a brother, to a bridegroom, a husband, and a father.  If we cultivate and pay attention to the relationships in our lives, we will learn more about the character of God and how to be in relationship with Him.  When we become parents we begin to understand the unconditional love the Lord has for us.  When we marry, we understand the commitment necessary to have a relationship with God.  When we cry with a hurting friend, we understand how to have the same compassion Jesus has for us.  How will the Lord show himself in your relationships?
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

. . . as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will our God rejoice over you.
Isaiah 62:5






0 comments:

Post a Comment