Sunday, October 24, 2010

But You Just Fell!


So Matthew discovered that he can climb onto the chairs and from the chairs to the table today.  Unfortunately he fell from the table onto the tile floor.  Ouch!!!  It was definitely a Mami hold me and kiss me for a while fall.  As opposed to a I’m fine I’ll just get up and keep playing fall.  What shocked me was that once he did calm down he went right back to climbing on the the table!
I couldn’t believe it!  He had just fallen and hurt himself and he got up and did the same thing.  Of course I made him get down, but he was determined.  How many of us are determined to continuously do things that hurt us?  We have physically and spiritually unhealthy habits we just can’t seem to break.  And we suffer the consequences, but in our own strength we just can’t stop.  We do what we hate.  We do what hurts us.  How can we stop the cycle?  Only through complete submission to Jesus.
I do not understand what I do.  For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Romans 7:15

0 comments:

Post a Comment