Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chile Con Limon


We had corn on the cob tonight for dinner.  It’s one of Josiah’s favorites.  I like to eat it with lots of chile con limon en polvo (chili powder with lime).  Of course Josiah wanted chili on his corn to.  So I put a tiny bit on his corn so he would eat it, but it wouldn’t be to spicy.  Samuel laughed at me and told me that’s what God does with us sometimes.  Because if He really gave us everything we asked for it wouldn’t necessarily be a good thing.  Even Moses was only given a part of what he asked for, because God knew that if Moses saw all of His glory he would die.  Sometimes we ask for things without realizing that the consequences won’t be pleasant.  Josiah thought for sure that his corn would be better with lots of chili powder, but I knew it would be to spicy for him.  Just as I strive to give Josiah and Matthew what is best for them.  God gives us what is best for us.  Keep asking God for what you need or desire.  He doesn’t mind.  I don’t mind when my children ask for things.  It lets me know they trust and depend on me.  I will always respond in the best way I can.  And God will always respond to you to.  Let’s trust that what He gives is the absolute best.  
Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”  And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence.  I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.  But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”  Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock.  When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passes by.  Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back;  but my face must not be seen.”
Exodus 33:18-23



0 comments:

Post a Comment