Saturday, October 23, 2010

Watch Where You're Going!





We had a invited pastor speak at church on Sunday.  He spoke about forgiveness and how we can’t move forward if we are always looking back.  We have to let go of the past and focus on what God has for our future.  
It reminded me of the other day in Walmart.  Josiah was walking and looking behind him.  He ran right into someones cart.  So what did I tell him?  “Watch where you’re going!”  Ok, so my advice, although good, was a little late.  Thanks mom, you could have told me that before I ran into the cart!  But inevitably if we are looking behind us while moving forward we will crash into something.  But when we have let go, and truly forgiven what has happened in the past, there will be nothing holding us back from moving into the future.  So take my advice and watch where you’re going not where you’ve been.
No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing:  Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.    
Philippians 3:13-14



0 comments:

Post a Comment