Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bringing The Favor Of The Lord


My husband showed me in a small way that he appreciates me today.  He took us out to brunch at one of my favorite places, La Madeline.  Crepes with mushroom sauce, coffee, and a fruit tart, yum.  It reminded me of a verse I read recently, one that we here often in weddings.  It says, “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.”  Sounds pretty good doesn’t it.  As a wife I am what is good and I bring the Lord’s favor to my husband, whether he always recognizes it or not.  Because the husband is the head of the household if he receives something good or favor it passes on to the whole family.  So we not only bring favor to our husbands, but also to our children.  I am glad to have a Christian husband who lets me know that I am his helpmate, and a blessing for him.  But even if you never hear it from your husband you can be sure in your identity as what is good and a channel of the Lords favor because it says so in His word.  Even when we know we are falling short of all we would like to be.  We can be sure that we are what is good.  
He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22





0 comments:

Post a Comment