Saturday, October 23, 2010

He Quiets Me With His Love



I just sang my family to sleep.  All of them, including my husband.  All at the same time.  I am so glad they didn’t wake up when I took the picture.  In our family my husband is the musician / songwriter.  So I always thought he would be the one to write lullabies for our children.  But to my surprise I’ve come up with four that I sing to them.  One written specifically for Josiah, one specifically for Matthew, and two to put them to sleep.  Now they are very simple and not at all professional, but my babies love to hear me sing them.  Actually Matthew loves to hear me sing anything and I love seeing the joy it brings him.  I don’t mind repeating and repeating the songs over and over again.  Because I’m singing it for them.  I’m singing with love and taking delight in my children.  
The Lord also takes delight in His children.  He quiets us with His love and rejoices over us with singing.  Can you imagine Jesus singing lullabies to quiet us with His love?  Maybe tonight if I try to be still and know that He is God.  If I listen close to His heart and His Holy Spirit, I’ll be able to hear and receive what Jesus is singing over me.  
For the Lord takes delight in his people;  he crowns the humble with salvation.
Psalm 149:4
The Lord your God is with you, he is might to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17
“Be still, and know that I am God;  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10



0 comments:

Post a Comment