Saturday, October 23, 2010

Concerts Of Love






From time to time I have the privilege of having a personal concert in my house.  In the above picture Matthew was playing drums while Josiah sang.  I love hearing it!  It’s literally music to my ears.  Although if anyone else heard it they may not even consider it music, much less enjoyable.  It’s precious and wonderful to me.  The other day Josiah played a chord on the piano on his own and I was nearly jumping for joy at his discovery.  
From these concerts I have come to understand 2 things.  The first is why my own mom always wanted me to play the piano for her even though I was not really any good.  But she loved to hear my attempts at music.  A while ago I found my old music books while cleaning out the garage and found one with my “songs” in it.  Songs that I had written when I was in elementary school!  I played them for my husband (who by the way is an amazing musician) and he couldn’t help but laugh.  They were pathetic!  But I was so proud of them and my mom really loved them.  Why?  For the same reason I love the banging and screaming music that my sons play.  Because I played them for her.
The other thing I am starting to understand is about the audience.  My boys don’t need lots of people cheering and listening to them to enjoy playing.  They just need one, me.  I’m who they want to make smile, and it’s me they look to for approval.  No one else.  
Who is your concert for? 
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God . . . 
Psalm 40:3
Worship the Lord with gladness;  come before him with joyful songs.
Psalm 100:2




0 comments:

Post a Comment