Saturday, October 23, 2010

Careful Little Ears What You Hear





The other night my husband and I were talking about how hungry we were and how we wished we had this or that to eat.  But it was to late to eat.  In a very lighthearted and joking way my husband told me to shut up because I was remembering out loud how good what we had eaten earlier was.  During this conversation we were trying to get Josiah to sleep.  He responded right away though and started saying, “Shut up, shut up, shut up!”  Out of all the things we said that was what I least wanted to hear him repeat.  Josiah of course thought it was hilarious.  
Our children learn from what we do.  They repeat what we say, eat what we eat, do what we do, and even adopt attitudes they see us display.  If it was important before having children to live a Christ centered life that would be a good example to others, it’s even more important now that I’m a mother.  It can be a tremendous responsibility, but also a huge inspiration.  When I think of what I would like to see my children do it inspires me to do those things.  When I think of what I want most to hear my children say it inspires me to say those things.  Lets choose to be inspired to live a better life and set a better example for our kids instead of allowing the responsibility of setting a good example be a burden to us.  
When I was a boy in my father’s house, still tender, and an only child of my mother, he taught me and said, “Lay hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands and you will live.
Proverbs 4:3-4
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6



0 comments:

Post a Comment