Saturday, October 23, 2010

Birthday Gifts





Last night after dinner my sweet husband took me birthday shopping.  I went to try on the clothes while he entertained the kids.  After a while they went looking for me and where do you think they found me.  In the baby department looking for clothes for my boys.  Samuel said, “Sweetie, what are you doing?”  I said, “Looking at the clothes for  Josiah and Matthew.”  He said, “But it’s your birthday not theirs!”  
Why couldn’t I stay out of the boys department?  Well to begin with they did need more warm clothes.  And my heart as a mother is always to bless them.  As mothers we love to give good things to our children and for them to be well cared for at all times.  It’s a beautiful thing when we find joy in the care of our children.
“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? . . .
Isaiah 49:15
but we were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children.
1 Thessalonians 2:7



0 comments:

Post a Comment