Saturday, October 23, 2010

Like A Baby





So a while ago our bank was bought by another bank.  Nothing changed for quite a while, but recently the bank officially changed name and website and our old cards stopped working.  So the payment that we thought we had made to the electric company didn’t actually go through and as I was making breakfast this morning they cut off our power.  
For those of you in DFW I probably don’t even have to tell you that we are hitting over 100 degree temperatures all week long and that is HOT!  So after giving up on getting any more heat out of the stove to finish cooking the still very runny eggs for my boys I gave them bread with Nutella and bananas.  My husband called and talked to the company and they couldn’t tell us for sure when they would reconnect us.  
So he gave me an order.  To go shopping!  He really said it like that to.  He said, “I order you to go shopping.”  When I asked him how much I could spend he started to look concerned and said he was just kidding.  So I got the kids ready and went to my favorite thrift store.  Air conditioning, and shopping that can take a long time without spending much money.  Besides I LOVE thrift shopping and I needed some new post-pregnancy clothes.  
From there we went to McDonalds and ate and the boys played until my husband called to let me know the electric was back on.  I was stressed.  I was exhausted.  I was completely affected by the situation.  Caleb was sleeping like a baby through it all.  Regardless of where we were he slept, ate, and got his diaper changed just like if we had been at home.  He was at peace and unaffected.
Reminded me that we should be affecting our world and not letting the world affect us.  Regardless of our situations we can have the peace we need to be able to sleep like a baby.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

0 comments:

Post a Comment