Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ikea Chocolate



My boys and I went to Ikea today with a couple of my friends.  It was so much fun.  I love going places with other moms and their kids.  We understand and help each other so much!  Thank you ladies for making it such an enjoyable day.  We ate, and shopped, and talked, and changed diapers, and feed babies . . .  Anyway, among the goodies I took home were some Ikea chocolate bars.  Samuel and I really like them, but they are a special treat since the closest Ikea is about 45 minutes away without traffic.  Of course as soon as Josiah saw his daddy eating chocolate he asked for some.  Then Samuel turned to me and asked if I thought that God gave his children chocolate.  
At first I wanted to say, of course.  But then I thought a little more about chocolate.  It’s rich, it’s creamy, it’s delicious, it’s tempting, and it’s very unhealthy.  Just to be clear we are talking about regular milk chocolate here.  I know that God gives good gifts to his children, gifts that have no bad side effects.  I like to think that God gives us mangos.  Absolutely delicious, 100% natural, and very healthy.  No bad side effects!  Gods gifts to us are for us to enjoy now and later.  His gifts are permanent and all truly good things come from Him.
for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.
Romans 11:29
That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil - - this is the gift of God.
Ecclesiastes 3:13
“Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?  If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Matthew 7:9-11



0 comments:

Post a Comment