Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Little Kindness Goes A Long Way





We went to a Sonic with a little park today for a play date.  It was Josiah’s first time playing in the sand and he had a blast.  Matthew had fun to, being passed from one little girl’s arms to another’s.  We had fun.  Josiah made a quick friend with a little blond boy his size.  He had brought his Thomas the Train to play with.  They were playing really well together with it.  A while later when I found out who the little boy’s mom was I told her he was cute and seemed to be getting along really well with Josiah.  He was collecting his train to go and she told me his train was very special and he never shared it with anyone.  I was surprised to hear that and told her that he had shared it really well with Josiah.  
Afterwards I was thinking about what made that little boy share something with my son that he wouldn’t share with other kids.  The truth is Josiah is the sweetest boy in the whole world.  Of course all of you are thinking, “sure, that’s what you think cause you’re his mom.”  But he is really a very sweet boy who is very kind to other children, and I choose to believe that it was his kindness and gentle answers that won that little boy over.  Reminds me to be gentle and kind in my answers to others.  Let’s win them over with real kindness.
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1


0 comments:

Post a Comment