Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just When I Thought I Had It All Under Control!






It was my first day home alone with all three of my boys.  I was feeling great.  A week and a half after the C-section and with a three year old, a one year old, and a newborn with me.  I couldn’t believe how well the day was going.  I had even found time to wash dishes and start the laundry!  I was SuperMom!  By the time my husband called to see if I wanted him to bring home dinner I felt like I had walked straight out of Proverbs 31 (well maybe that’s an exaggeration).  
I talked to my husband while feeding baby Caleb.  As soon as I hung up the phone I heard an immense amount of giggling from the direction of our bedroom.  The door was closed and when I opened it, Josiah nearly jumped out of his skin.  He knew he was caught.  He was emptying an entire bottle of sunscreen on his brother’s head.  The worst of it was that the sunscreen was blue!  So now I have blue sunscreen stains on my beige carpet.  I’m pretty sure SuperMom does not have blue stains on her carpet much less blue children.  
It reminded me of two verses and two lessons we as mothers should learn.  The first is to aim for perfection.  Our goal should be to create the best environment possible for our children go grow up in and to give them the best care possible while being an example of a life completely surrendered to Christ.  At the same time we must understand that only one has lived a perfect life and regardless of how hard we try we are not capable of that kind of perfection.  We can, however by inviting Him to live in and through us grow closer and closer to his perfection.  For today I’m ok with my lack of perfection, because my blue little boy sure did make me laugh!
Finally, brothers, good-by.  Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace.  And the God of love and peace will be with you.  
2 Corinthians 13:11
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
Romans 3:23

0 comments:

Post a Comment