Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Missed Opportunity


We went to Target today.  Not at all an unusual activity for us.  We are there at least twice a week if not more.  It may be an addiction, but that’s a topic for another day.  We got our Starbucks and went to the little food area.  Josiah wanted pizza and Matthew wanted macaroni and cheese.  We sat down and Josiah ate the macaroni and cheese and Matthew ate the pizza.  Go figure.  
Another mother came and sat with her 3 year old son and baby daughter near us.  Our boys started to play and we chatted for a bit.  At one point she asked if I lived in the area and if I went to a play place that’s nearby.  I answered her and we talked for a little bit more until she had to go. 
I didn’t feel it was the time or place to share my faith with her, but I definitely think she is someone I could build a friendship with.  I totally missed the opportunity to ask her for some contact info so we could get the boys together to play.  How could I have missed it.  I mean she asked me if I lived nearby.  But I was distracted tired and not paying attention to the opportunities that God was putting in front of me to form a relationship with another mom that I could minister to and be friends with.  
Lord, help me to see and obey in each step of the path you have set before me.  I pray that I don’t have anymore missed opportunities, but that I will be spiritually, mentally, and physically ready to do your will in every situation.
Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning
Luke 12:35
Preach the Word; be prepared in season an out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage-with great patience and careful instruction.
2 Timothy 4:2

0 comments:

Post a Comment