Saturday, October 23, 2010

Abuelita's 80th Birthday


We attended Samuel’s grandmother’s 80th birthday party today.  It was a great way to honor this woman of faith.  My father in law was the first in his family to recieve Christ and shared with the rest of them, but his Ester (his mother) was the first in her generation.  Her story is a difficult one of abuse and very limited resources, but since her conversion the Lord has been faithful and His hand has been on her life and the lives of her children.  All of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are Christian now and at times like these she is reaping the rewards of staying faithful and true to God.  Each of her children who could be present (some still live in Mexico) stood to say a few words of praise about their mother.  When I see that I think of how I would like to be honored by my children someday, and even more of how I would like to be worthy of an honor like that.  Several of her children are or have been pastors or worked full time in the ministry, and all of them have served the Lord.  What a legacy!  
Lord help me to raise my children in such a way that I will be worthy of their praise.  May your hand of guidance and protection be on my family.
Her children arise and call her blessed . . .
Proverbs 31:28

Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Proverbs 31:31



0 comments:

Post a Comment