Sunday, October 24, 2010

There's Room For You



We took this picture at the mall today.  It was a group effort.  We started with Josiah.  I sat him down and posed him.  He got up and said “no pictures.”  I put him back on the bench.  He got up and said “no pictures.”  I said ok.  The good thing is I have another model.  I sat Matthew on the bench and posed him while Samuel snapped away with his iphone.  We got home and he edited it and here it is.  I LOVE it!  When we look at it we are both reminded that in God’s kingdom there is always room for more people.  
We originally wanted Josiah to be in the picture, but he didn’t want to.  So we called in a replacement.  An adorable replacement.  But while Matthew got an opportunity he would not have had otherwise, Josiah lost out on being in a great picture.  He missed out on being in a picture that speaks of God’s love.  In the end he is still loved the same and he is still every bit my son, but he missed out on participating in the picture.  
Serving God is the same.  That’s where the saying that everyone is important, but no one is irreplaceable comes from.  God calls us.  He gives us the opportunity to participate in His plan, but if we refuse he will call someone else.  Either way His will will be done!  We can’t stop Him from doing what He wants, but we can lose the privilege and blessing of participating in it.
The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son.  He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.
For many are invited, but few are chosen.
Matthew 22:2-3, 9, 14
In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
John 14:2-3

2 comments:

  1. In God’s kingdom there is always room for more people.
    Love it, love it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite picture of all time, Christy! Great message, also. Keep up the good work, Mama. Love you.

    ReplyDelete