Saturday, October 23, 2010

Be Prepared






Two of my nephews spent the night last night.  I took the picture above before going to sleep myself.  The younger of the two, Ethan had fallen asleep with his glasses still on and a nerf gun in his hand.  I thought, well he’s definitely prepared in case of a surprise attack.  
Reminded me of the verse that tells us to always be prepared to answer questions nonbelievers may ask.  Are we as prepared as Ethan?  What would you say to someone who asks you why you have so much joy?  Or why you seem so peaceful?  Think it doesn’t happen?  It does.  It’s happened to me more than once, and although I think I’ve answered well, I always think of how I could have answered better after the fact.  I hope one day to be completely confidant in knowing that I am prepared to answer and give reason for the hope I have.  Until then I’ll keep studying the Word and finding the answers.
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.  Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.  But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.  It is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
1 Peter 3:15-17


0 comments:

Post a Comment