Saturday, October 23, 2010

Helmet Of Salvation





About a week ago Josiah’s Aunt and Uncle gave him a motorcycle helmet.  He wasn’t so sure about it at first and  wouldn’t put it on.  After a little bit though he warmed up to the idea and now he loves to run around the house with it on.  He even likes to put it on Matthew.  Today he decided he wanted to wear it while he ate lunch.  I guess you can never be to careful, right?  Made me think about the helmet of salvation.  A protection we never have to take off.  Just like Josiah takes joy in his motorcycle helmet, we should take joy in our helmet of salvation.  And just like Josiah loves to share his helmet with his brother we to should share the salvation of Christ with those who have yet to receive it.
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Ephesians 6:17
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.  Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you.
Psalms 51:12-13




0 comments:

Post a Comment