Saturday, October 23, 2010

No Night Night!



My boy’s grandparents are here for the weekend!  Just my dad stopped by tonight though because it was late.  Josiah was so excited.  We’ve been telling him all week that Grandma and Grandpa were going to come play with him.  He had so much fun.  Running around, playing with his “choo choo”, doing a puzzle.  
It was great until we were all exhausted, Josiah included.  But he kept saying “more, more Pa”.  When he started crying and whining we said “ok Josiah night night”.  Then started the screaming “No night night!  No night night!”  Funny, he was so exhausted, what he needed was sleep, but he was fighting it with all he had.  I could see him clearly.  I knew he was upset and fussy and generally not happy.  I also knew that all he needed to be happy again and to feel better was to sleep.  Why couldn’t he understand what I saw as so simple.  
Wow, isn’t that how God must see us sometimes.  “Daughter, I have provided more than what you need.  I have a perfect plan for you.  Following my law will give you blessing, prosperity, peace, and an abundant life.  You’ll be happier.  All you need you can receive from me.  All you need is to be obedient.  It’s for your benefit.  It’s what’s best for you.  It is so simple.  Don’t you see it?”
I don’t understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don’t do it.  Instead, I do the very thing I hate.
Romans 7:15 NLT
When I want to do good, I don’t.  And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway.
Romans 7:19 NLT
Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord.  So you see how it is:  In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.  
Romans 78:25 NLT



0 comments:

Post a Comment