Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Time To Rest





My house was quiet! My two oldest boys were at the pool with their grandparents, Aunt, and cousins. And the baby was asleep. I really needed to clean the floors, but wanted to take a nap. I thought the floors could wait an hour or two.  I was right!  Two hours later the floors were still there waiting to be cleaned, but I had more energy to do it.  
One of the greatest challenges we face as moms is time management.  We have things to do, houses to clean, meals to prepare, diapers to change, books to read, children to teach, hugs and kisses, discipline and correction to give, clothes to wash, errands to run, and husbands to tend to.  Some how among all this we find a way to be available at the first cry of our children and we find time to rest.  
I’ve never studied time management, but as I grow and learn I’ve come to one important solution.  The management of my time and the way I use it MUST be led by the Holy Spirit.  The guidance of that still small voice, the tug on my heart that pulls me in one direction or another, the gentle assurance that He guides my steps is essential to me even in the small things.  
The truth is that I don’t know how to manage my time.  The truth is that left to my own decisions I would surely make the wrong choices.  I NEED the Holy Spirit to manage my time.  There is a time for everything, but knowing when it’s time for what is something that only the Lord can show us.  
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.  
Ecclesiastes 3:1

0 comments:

Post a Comment