Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bed Rest



Two of the most dreaded words for moms.  Bed rest!  But that’s what I was given after finding out I was pregnant recently.  It hasn’t been all that easy, but I’ve learned to ask for help, and rely on others.  I am so grateful to my family and friends for their help and prayers.  We were never intended to live solitary, independent lives.  We were made to be completely dependent on God.  I think that this is one of the reasons we are told to have faith like a child.  My children have no problem asking for help when they need it.  And wouldn’t be able to survive on their own.  We can’t survive on our own either.  God puts relationships in our lives to benefit us and the other person to.  Not a day passes that I don’t need help from my husband and he needs help from me daily to.  Truly two are better than one.
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:  If one falls down, his friend can help him up.  But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!  Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.  But how can one keep warm alone?  Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12



0 comments:

Post a Comment