Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wake Up Mama!



I am exhausted.  I’m not completely sure why, but I just completely crashed today and slept for like 3 or 4 hours!  I couldn’t believe what time it was when I woke up.  My 2 year old took the same long nap with me and my husband was taking care of the baby.  He’s so good to me.  I was able to relax and sleep because I could trust my husband to take care of the kids.  I’m so glad there are two parents in my house.  Although it is good to rest on occasion, we as a rule need to fight against sleepiness.  If we want our families to prosper we have to stay alert.
Although we may be sleepy and slow to respond to the cries of our children when we are sleeping at night, God doesn’t sleep!  He is there watching over us and our children day and night and He doesn’t get sleepy like we do.  I need to learn to sleep when it’s time to sleep and to be awake and productive when it’s time to be awake and productive.  I have to say honestly I love to sleep.  I enjoy it, but the Bible says that those who love sleep will grow poor.  Uh oh!  Looks like I’ve got some changing to do.  How about you?
Do not love sleep or you will grow poor;  stay awake and you will have food to spare.
Proverbs 20:13
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber;  indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
Psalm 121:2-4


0 comments:

Post a Comment