Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Holy, Holy Forgotten Son Of God

 
So I’m singing along with the radio in the car today.  Typical.  I totally messed up the words to the song.  Also typical.  Go on you can say it.  You do it to, don’t you?  Wanting to sing along with a song you don’t know well and all the sudden you’re singing something different from what the radio is playing.  Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about.

So I’m singing “And we cry Holy, Holy forgotten Son of God, Ancient of Days.”  Oops!  That is NOT how the song goes.  Forgotten?  How could I possibly have just sung that?!?!?  Where did that come from?  Begotten.  It was supposed to be begotten.

But it got me thinking.  Is He the forgotten Son of God?  Have we forgotten who He is?  Remembered of forgotten He’s still Holy and He’s still the Son of God, but have we forgotten?  Forgotten who He is?  Forgotten what He’s done for us?  Forgotten what he spoke?  Forgotten how he lived?  Forgotten what he offers?  Forgotten what He requires from us?

I stopped at a light the other day.  There was a man.  Dirty.  Poor.  Everything he owned was in a backpack.  He held a simple sign.  “Traveling.  Please Help.”  I reached into my purse pulled out a bill and rolled down my window.  When he took it I said “God bless you.”  Later I thought.  Does he know which God I refer to when I say God bless you?  Of course I refer to the only True God.  I know there’s only one.  Does he?

Should I have specified?  Is the Son of God forgotten to him?  How could I have reminded him?  How can I remind this generation.  God has a Son!  He died so we can live eternally with Him.  Don’t you remember?  Did you forget?Maybe if I say his name.  There’s power in that name.  Why don’t I use it?  What was it?  Have I forgotten? 

Jesus!  That’s his name!  That’s right.  Now I remember.  His name is Jesus.


She will bring a son to birth, and when she does, you, Joseph, will name him Jesus - ‘God saves’ - because he will save his people from their sins.”
 

Matthew 1:21

 

In that day you will no longer ask me anything.  Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
 

John 16:23

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure this will link right, but as I was reading your post I kept thinking this is what they were talking about at church last week.

    https://vinenet.net/vincin/lastweek.php?weekend=110123&#vid This is the link if you want it. I hope it works.

    Newest Follower www.thehickmanfour.blogspot.com
    and www.touchofhomelearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete