Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Big Vision, A BIGGER GOD! (Mom Heart Conference)




I just got home from the Mom Heart Conference with Sally Clarkson.  Literally I just got home.  Well I picked up a pizza on the way and did eat a few (we won’t mention exactly how many) slices before opening my computer to write this.  But the dishes are still in the sink, the laundry is still on the couch, and I’ve gotta write before going to pick up my boys.  Because I’m inspired.  If you were there you probably are to!

I got some really great notes in-between feedings, diaper changes and teething cries.  In case you didn’t know I took Caleb with me.  I typed things like. 

“Don’t be a toddler before God.  He’s not threatened by your temper tantrums.” 
“Sometimes it’s the parent who is the ‘strong willed child’ not the child”
“Use Character traits to praise your children”
“You have the potential to be a great women in history, but no one will do it for you.”
“God searches the world for a true and willing heart”

But in spite of all the wisdom being spoken and the good stuff getting into my mind and soul.  That’s not what impacted me the most.  And what was on my mind and heart as I left was not said from the stage or spoken into a microphone.  I was spoken by a still small voice that whispered into my heart.  It was what the Holy Spirit spoke to me as I observed and learned from the Godly women who served and spoke. 

As Sally’s husband Clay spoke about the basic structure of their ministry.  The nuts and bolts you could call them.  He explained all they do and plan to do.  And then spoke about their VERY small staff (basically their family).  They have dreams, visions, plans, and a ministry that really is bigger than their small family.  And yet they don’t shrink back.  It would be easy to just announce and put into print what they are doing, but they stepped out in faith to share the plans God is laying out for them even before they have the ability, time, finances, and manpower to do it.  They’re trusting in a BIG God.

I know what it’s like to have dreams that are bigger than myself.  The Lord was speaking to me about and clarifying his vision and the ministry He has for me as I left.  And my response can be to run or to trust that in His greatness, my weakness is insignificant.  I choose to trust that He is big enough for the vision he plants in me.

So what I take from Mom Heart even more than all the teaching and instruction that I graciously receive is an example of walking in faith and trusting that a big God can use a small person to do great things.




God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.
Ephesians 3:19

When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background in God’s way, I was the least qualified of any of the available Christians. God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities.  And so here I am, preaching and writing about things that are way over my head, the inexhaustible riches and generosity of Christ.
Ephesians 3:8

I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11


A HUGE Thank You to High Point Church for sponsoring my friend Mama Hall and I!


5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about this!!! Missed talking the past couple of days. Glad you had such a great time. Thanks for all your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to read this....i was sitting on the other side of a girl that sat by you at the tea.....i borrowed that last picture of yours....let me know if that's not okay! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes it's the parent who is the strong willed child, not the child

    Profound. I needed to hear that this morning, before the rest of my house wakes up.

    I'm a new follower;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the tea with you on Friday morning...and watched you sparatically as the weekend went on...what a blessing your smile was! I am praying that God will pour out extra measure upon you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also so inspired by how God has used one family in such a mighty way! And I was (as I mentioned to you, although I don't think we ever officially met) amazed by how well your little man did at the conference! It was so moving seeing Sally walk over and pick up your little boy and walk him. Such a Godly example of womanhood she is.

    ReplyDelete