Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcome To MY Story - MY Story Part 1

 
I ventured out into the ice today to take some pictures.  It was freezing!  And yet I find peeking out through the ice little bits of green.  Evidence of life.  Small and seemingly insignificant as it may seem.  Life.  Maybe it’s not so insignificant after all.

It can be a struggle to hold on at times.  To cling that bit of life, that glimmer of hope.  When the world around us closes in like the ice.  Trying to snuff out the hope and life we’ve found in Him.

I won’t pretend to know what it’s like to live in a place where Christians are persecuted for their faith, but we do live in a hostile land.  An unseen enemy is there, whether we recognize his presence or not.  I’ve been in the battle all my life.  It’s real.  It always has been.  It just wasn’t as visible before. 

I’ll be taking the next few days to tell my story.  Of the struggle.  The attacks.  And above all the power of God to overcome in a life submitted to Him. 

Welcome to MY story.


"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
 

John 16:31

 

And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong.  So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way.  This is no afternoon athletic contest that we’ll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.  Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet.
 

Ephesians 6:10-13

4 comments:

  1. Love the John 16 passage! Such a comfort!! Thanks so much for linking up today at A Steady Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading through your blog, and you've certainly written some thought-provoking devotionals. I'll have to return to read the rest of your story. I love John 16:31--one of my favorites. I'm visiting from the blog hop. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to it, friend. praying for you. always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hoppin over for the blog hop via steady rain. I heard an awesome sermon on the armor of God. The Key was the fact that all the armor was for protection. Except for the Sword. The sword of the Spirit, is an offensive tool or weapon. The sword of the spirit is the Word of God. The Word is Our Defense...against the devil...He runs for cover every time we Speak the truth, Gods word will defeat all enemies. Many Blessings, Deborah. Can't wait for To B continued in your story.

    ReplyDelete