Monday, February 14, 2011

A Knock On My Window - MY Story Part 7


It woke me with a start.  I opened my eyes looking around my dark bedroom.  There it was again.  Someone was knocking on my second floor window.  I went to look and our neighbor was peering in motioning for me to open the window.  I did and he climbed in.  He told me my parents had been in an accident.

Ok, so you already know they got divorced, but my mom had to take her car to the shop and my dad was giving her a ride home on his motorcycle. 

He took me to their house to spend the night and I later found out how bad the accident had actually been.  They were on a motorcycle and a large truck had turned into oncoming traffic and hit them head on.  My father rolled off the bike and only had some bruises and a few cuts that needed stitches.  My mother went flying and literally crushed one side of her body.  Multiple fractures and internal injuries, it was touch and go for a while. 

I’m not sure how long she was in the hospital, or even who I stayed with, but when she did come home she was in a hospital bed in our living room.  I cared for her for nearly a year.  I was already drawing my strength from the Lord.

I was only 8. 


He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. 
 

Isaiah 40:29-31

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite Scripture verses. I had no idea about this accident. Wow.

    ReplyDelete