Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Those Little Feet Will Run

Photobucket

My boys are growing.  My oldest is in Vacation Bible School for the first time this year.  Today was his first day and I almost cried as I dropped him off. It’s the first time I’ve left him anywhere other than with family and actually left.  He goes to Sunday school at church, but I’m just in the next room, not all the way down the street!  
But he had SO much fun!  He’s been telling us and his brothers about everything he did and learned.  There were cupcakes.  (very exciting)  
As I see him grow, and develop I know that my other two boys will soon follow suit.  I see so much more for them then where they are now.  My hope and prayers for them reach farther.  Because I know God has more planned.  
I watch Josiah as he memorizes scripture and absorbs what I read to him.  And I know that the day is coming when he will read on his own and even seek out his own memory verses.
I watch Matthew running after balls, wanting them all to himself.  And I know that the day is coming when he will understand that sharing the ball is much more fun as he kicks, passes, and plays on a team.
I watch Caleb’s tiny feet hanging from the stroller swinging back and forth.  And I know that the day is coming when those little feet will run the race set before them and stand firm on the truth of God.
The days are coming.
And He knows what they will bring.
 I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean! My little guy will go to VBS this summer for the first time. I can't believe how fast time flies when we are having fun.
    New follower coming from the Friday Blog Hop. Hope you can stop by sometime! :) Have a Blessed weekend!

    http://bobjenjack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete