Friday, June 3, 2011

The "Dinosaur" Shirt



I’ve been considering.  I’ve been thinking.  I’ve been reasoning.  I’ve been praying.
About sponsoring a child.
And as I pondered.  As I mentally listed pros and cons.
There he was over 8,000 miles away.  Waiting.  
So how do you choose a child to help?  How do you avoid getting overwhelmed by the sheer number of children in need?  How do you pick a boy or girl?  A country?  An age?  A face?
I couldn’t.  But not choosing and helping none wasn’t an option either.  
So I let Josiah pick.  I called him over to the computer and explained how those children didn’t have as much money, or food, or toys as he did.  When I told him we could help one his face lit up!  
He picked out Preecha right away.  He thought he had a dinosaur on his shirt.  When I told him it was a giraffe he said it was ok and he wanted to help him.  As I read him the bio all he wanted to know was if Preecha likes dinosaurs.  That’ll be our first question for him when we get a chance to write a letter.
Visit compassion.com to sponsor a child.  It doesn’t matter how you choose.  It matters that you do.
"Speak up for the people who have no voice, for the rights of all the down-and-outers.  Speak out for justice! Stand up for the poor and destitute!"
Proverbs 31:8-9

0 comments:

Post a Comment