Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Just Want A Shower!


Photobucket


I have a confession to make.  I don’t shower every day.  Seriously I sometimes think of showering as a luxury.  I remember back to the days when I showered daily.  Back when I fixed my hair.  Back when I went regularly to the nail salon.  When I accessorized.  When I slept late.
And I want to whine.  And I want to complain.  Why oh why can’t I at least shower?!?!?!  Isn’t a daily shower a human right?  Can’t I have that time for me?
Why?  Why? Why?  Me!  Me!  Me!  Whine.  Whine.  Whine.
So I went to scripture.  I searched for something to tell me how to overcome the obstacles.  To achieve my goal.  And here’s what I found.
Since Jesus went through everything you're going through and more, learn to think like him. Think of your sufferings as a weaning from that old sinful habit of always expecting to get your own way.
1 Peter 4:1
Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back-given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity.
Luke 6:38
This was NOT what I was looking for!  
But the inner whiner shut up.  And understanding poured in.  My suffering is nothing compared to what Christ went through.  I am here.  On this earth.  In my country.  In my state.  In my city.  In my neighborhood.  In my home.  To give not to get.
And I have a change of perspective.  Yes, I was born to be a conquerer.  Yes, I was made to overcome obstacles.  But the goal has shifted from mine to His.  Instead of identifying and overcoming what gets in the way of my getting I’ll identify and overcome the obstacles in the way of my giving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment