Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Goldfish Vs. The Shark

Photobucket


We go back and forth between two cheesy kid crackers at our house.  Depending on where I’ve grocery shopped we either have goldfish or sharks.  Matthew asked for goldfish.  All we had were sharks.
This led to about 30 minutes of temper tantrum throwing, demanding goldfish, refusing sharks, and my trying to get him to understand that my giving him goldfish wasn’t an option.  All I had to give him were sharks.  I have to say this was one of the worst fits he’s ever thrown and I finally just left the room.  
After screaming a little longer, he shows up in the kitchen and asks me for . . . SHARKS!  So I gave him a bowl of sharks and he walked off munching contentedly.  
It was like the tantrum had never even happened.  He had been so angry.  But he got over it.  I’m pretty sure he doesn’t even remember it.  It’s just gone.
That is how I want to get over things.  That is how I want to forgive.  I want to be separated from my sins as far as the east is from the west.  I want to forgive, be forgiven, and move forward.  I don’t want to dwell on or waste time remembering my tantrums.  They’ve been forgiven.  They’ve been erased.
And as far as sunrise is from sunset, he has separated us from our sins.
Psalm 103:12

0 comments:

Post a Comment