Friday, August 19, 2011

Are You Watching?

Originally posted November 23, 2009


I met some ladies from my mom’s group today at the mall playground.  We meet there once or twice a month to let the kids play, chat and pray for each other.  When we first got there Josiah stuck close to me as usual.  But after a little bit he was running around playing with the other kids.  Every few minutes he would come running to me just to make sure I was still there and that I was still watching him.  And once he was assured that I was watching, he was off again running and laughing with pure childhood joy.  
Children have a natural need to be protected, cared for, and loved.  We as children of God have the same needs.  We also need to be protected, cared for, and loved.  And although we as parents fail our children from time to time, God is the perfect father and he never fails.  We can trust in His protection, care, and love.  The whole time we were at the playground I didn’t move.  I stayed in the same place and was constantly watching my son.  Even so, he felt the need to make sure.  Regardless of how we feel, God is always there.  His eyes are always on us.  God will never say “oh you did that?  I missed it.”  He is always present and all knowing, but yet we still seem to need to check every now and then to make sure He’s watching.  You may be in a time in your life where you’re not sure if the Lord’s still there, still interested, still watching.  Be assured He is.  And feel free to go running to Him just to make sure.  He won’t mind.  
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.  And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”
Romans 8:15
“Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?  If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!
Matthew 7:9-11


0 comments:

Post a Comment