Tuesday, July 12, 2011

All The Days Ordained For Me


This is a repost in honor of Caleb's 1st birthday this Friday.  This was originally posted on January 6, 2010 when I was pregnant with Caleb.  Happy Birthday to my miracle!

I finally had my ob-gyn appointment today.  Everything seems to be good.  I got an ultrasound and the baby was beautiful and moving around!  I wish I had taken video because the pictures I got just don’t do it justice.  They even had a 3D ultrasound machine and I could see so clearly!  My little baby looks like a stuffed fabric baby doll, all round and pudgy and perfect.  They said he or she looked great and I am officially off bed rest.  I still have to take it easy though and am not supposed to carry anything over 20 lbs.  
With each pregnancy I am truly amazed at how God forms and creates a perfect baby in 9 short months.  Each of my pregnancies and deliveries have been unique and had their own complications, but the Lord’s hand has been on every situation and his protection has been on me and my children.  One of my very favorite Bible verses talks about how God forms us.  It says that even as He is forming a baby in the womb all of that baby’s days are written in His book.  So from the time a baby begins to form God has His plan and purpose for that child.  Before I was born God knew what he wanted to use me for.  And he knows what this baby inside me’s purpose is.  I know that He will be faithful to complete it.  Although statistics and research and the world my want to tell me that I am at risk of losing this baby, I will leave his formation and protection and future in the hands of my loving Heavenly Father.  I know he has a purpose and I will see it completed.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16

0 comments:

Post a Comment