Friday, April 8, 2011

A Call To Write - MY Story Part 17



As I was flipping through my journal from Mexico and after tonight.  I found an entry from the day after I graduated from Missionary Training School.  I find it interesting that I wrote about writing.  I never imagined where God would take me and how his calling on my life would play out.  As I read the words written there I remember what I thought God’s plan was for me.  My life is so very different than I had thought, but the calling and purpose he was speaking into my heart all those years ago is in the process of being realized in my life now!

“Friday, February 28, 2003
So yesterday was graduation and it went really well, I think.  I just read Isaiah 49 and what I found really interesting was that the Lord told him that he would not only be a light to the Jews, but also to the gentiles.  I realized how true that was and that even now Isaiah is still being a light to the gentiles through the book he wrote.  I don’t want to limit myself to helping only one people, thereby limiting God as to what He can do through me.  I want to be a light to everyone I touch and even beyond that.  When I was in college I had a word spoken over me that God had anointed me to write and I have kind of neglected that gift, but I don’t want to neglect it any longer.  I need to practice and grow.  
Something a lot of people said to me last night was that here in my graduation God starts something new, and this morning I truly believe that.  God has a plan, a purpose, and a work for me to do.  I may not know all the details yet, but I need to be walking steadily toward what I do know.  And He will be faithful to guide my footsteps.”
I wrote my first post for Devotion Mama on Tuesday, November 17, 2009.  Since then it has been visited by people in the US, Canada, South Korea, United Kingdom, Jordan, Russia, Netherlands, Hungary, Australia, France, India, China, Finland, Germany, Denmark, Mexico, Poland, Costa Rica, Israel, Ukraine, and more!  Writing has proven to be a true calling in my life and I rejoice each time a new country appears in my stats.  I’m amazed at how far God is taking these tiny key strokes made at my kitchen table.  He is truly limitless!
He says, "But that's not a big enough job for my servant-just to recover the tribes of Jacob, merely to round up the strays of Israel. I'm setting you up as a light for the nations so that my salvation becomes global!"
Isaiah 49:6

0 comments:

Post a Comment