Monday, November 15, 2010

The Truth About Why I Write


I’ve gotta be straight with you.  I’m gonna tell it like it is.  If you’re reading this right now and think that I write for you, your wrong.  If you are blessed by what I write, if you find insight or inspiration in reading my blog, or if you are encouraged in your walk with Christ that is awesome.  But to tell you the truth that’s just an added benefit.  A little something extra for me.  It’s nice to know that other moms are reading, but if you don’t I won’t stop writing.

So why do I write?  It starts with me.  I need to keep my relationship with the Lord fresh.  I need to pay attention to what He’s telling me, to what He’s teaching me.  Knowing I will write a blog about whatever He shares with me helps me keep my eyes and ears open to His Spirit. 

Some people use devotion books, some use Bible studies, some have a quiet time schedule, or a study buddy.  For me, I have my blog.  It works for me.  I encourage you to find something that works for you.  Make sure you’re not missing out on that essential part of life that is communication and communion with Jesus. 

My other big reason for writing is my boys.  I think of them and I know I’m writing the story of their childhood.  I hope they will read this when they are older and see that from the moment of conception they have been and will always be a blessing to my life.  I hope they will be able to see how the Lord used them even from a young age.  I want my daughters - in - law to read this and to realize and find comfort and strength in the fact that I didn’t always have it all together.  That I’ve learned just as they will, through experience and with His gentle hand guiding me. 

I believe that this is what God has for me.  His best.  To be a follower of Him, a wife to my husband, a mother to my children, and a minister of His grace to women.  In doing the first three, the fourth comes naturally.  But my number one reason is and always will be Him!

and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life . . .
Deuteronomy 30:20

For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
Deuteronomy 30:16



And the winner of the DVD Giveaway is . . . Kimberly Payne Scarborough! 

Congratulations!

0 comments:

Post a Comment