Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Boys In Motion


What a BEAUTIFUL day it is!  As I washed last nights dishes, and made coffee and breakfast this morning I took stock of what we had and didn’t have as far as food was concerned.  I quickly came to the conclusion that we needed to go shopping today.  We were out of coffee and only had a half gallon of milk left.  
As I got the boys loaded into the car (which is an entire process by the way), I couldn’t help but notice how nice the weather was.  Josiah noticed to.  I had given them a little bag of fruit snacks and said they could eat them in the car.  Josiah said he didn’t want to eat it in the car, that he wanted to eat them outside.  So instead of heading to Target, I went through the drivethru at Starbucks (for me) and Chik Fil A (for the boys) and headed to the park.  
From the moment I got the boys out of the car they were in constant motion.  Chasing birds, chasing squirrels, running just to run, climbing the play structure, and stopping from time to time to eat a chicken nugget, or take a sip of lemonade.  They really needed to run around and be boys.  They were made for action.  
We are all made for movement.  Without movement nothing happens.  How did the creation of the earth start?  With the Spirit of God moving over the waters.  These days the Holy Spirit moves in a lot of different ways, but the most common is through us.  If we have received the Holy Spirit, He will work and move through us to accomplish what He wants.  We should move and run constantly and tirelessly like Josiah and Matthew did today.  If we want to see things happen and change come to our world it will require us to move!
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Genesis 1:1-2
And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
Ezekiel 36:27
'For in him we live and move and have our being. . . 
Acts 17:28

0 comments:

Post a Comment