Friday, November 19, 2010

One More Reason To LOVE Target


I love Target.  I’m just saying.  I sometimes call it my second home.  I’m pretty sure they designed the store specifically with me in mind. 

Reason #1
Portrait Studio
We get baby pictures done every month there and they are always awesome and cheap!  (You can print out coupons from their website.  We always use the free 8x10 and $3.99 per sheet coupon.)

Reason #2
Starbucks

There is a Starbucks IN our Target!  Technically if I had designed it there would be an ABC (America’s Best Coffee), but hey I can get a peppermint mocha and drink it while shopping so I’m not complaining.

Reason #3
Coupons

They have recently started printing out coupons with your receipt.  I LOVE this because they give you coupons for the things you buy.  For example, the last time I went I got a coupon for frozen chicken breast, diapers, frozen veggies, and coffee.  All things I bought and buy regularly. 

Reason #4
Free Cookies

If you ask at the bakery they will give each of your kids a free cookie!  This is great for when the boys start getting restless, but I still have shopping to do.

Reason #5
One Stop Shopping

I get everything there and only have to unload and reload the boys from the car once.  They even have a dollar section. 

Reason # 6
Merry Christmas Signs!

And this is my newest reason, and the actual subject for this blog.  Christmas is coming and stores are preparing.  And so begins my annual checking of which stores say “Merry Christmas” and which say “Happy Holidays”.  I’ve heard it said that we vote with our dollars, and it’s very true.  Where we spend our money makes a difference.  My preference is to support Christian businesses especially if they are owned by friends.  But I also think that when given the choice we should choose to support stores that promote Christ.  In recent years many stores have gone back and forth on the Christmas issue.  I remember avoiding Target a few years ago because they said Happy Holidays and avoided the word Christmas.  So when I was grocery shopping the other day and spotted the Merry Christmas signs I gave a sigh of relief.  I love to see secular businesses recognize Christ.  I love to hear music that glorifies Christ being played everywhere.  And I love that Target is saying “Merry Christmas.”
So you may be thinking what I am.  “Wow, this blog sounds like a commercial for Target!  What’s gotten into Christy?”  I know.  I almost deleted it for that very reason.  But I do think it’s important to pay attention to the words used in marketing for different stores.  I assure you they are paying attention to whether their sales go up or down when the use the word Christmas or  Holiday.  So lets pay attention to what we are saying with where our Christmas money is going. 

Let’s vote well with our dollars this Christmas season.

Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.  But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.
Matthew 10:32-33


A few links to Christian businesses in the DFW area that I personally know the owners of.
 
Integra Home Systems
   Home Audio/Video/Media/Security
 
Bella Bug Boutique - Cositas by Nidia
   Baby and children’s clothing and accessories
 
Ruby Leon Jewelry
   Original design handmade jewelry
 
Krimson & Klover Women’s Boutique
   Women’s Clothing and Accessories
 
SPG Photography
    Photography
 
The Rock Countertops
    Countertops
 
El Guero Tacos
    Mexican Restaurant

Just Love Coffee
    Buy Coffee to help fundraising efforts for a friend of mine’s adoption from Ethiopia 


The opinions and recommendations above are completely my own.  I have not received any form of compensation from anyone mentioned in this email. 

1 comment:

  1. Roots Coffee House in Hurst is owned by a sweet Christian couple at our church. It's fair trade coffee also...with a great atmosphere for hanging out. ;)

    ReplyDelete