Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Old Becomes New


It’s cleaning day at the Sanchez house.  Well actually cleaning afternoon.  We took the boys to Abuelita’s (grandma’s) house this morning, so I could come home and work on the house.  Cleaning, taking down and packing away Christmas decorations, laundry and writing.  We headed out this morning with the intention of dropping off the two older boys and coming home right away, but we love my mother in law way to much not to sit at her table, have breakfast and chat.  Besides as soon as we got there my father in law pulled Samuel away to help him with some kind of project.  So by the time we left it was after noon. 
 
As I’ve been packing up the tree and decorations I look around and my house seems to be becoming new again.  It’s getting cleaner, more spacious, more streamlined.  It’s starting to look just like it did a month ago, but it seems new to me.  Funny how the old suddenly seems new.  It’s like fashion I guess.  Changes bring old things back and makes them look new. 
 
It also reminds me of scripture.  The first King James Version of the Bible was published in 1611!  That’s OLD!  And the Bible was around long before that.  But when we read it and put it into practice it becomes new to us and it renews us.  It’s incredible how some of the oldest things written can make a man’s soul new!  And there it is.  It’s happening everyday.  The old becomes new.
 
Have you been made new by the power of Christ?

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

5 comments:

  1. it's true. every time i read my Bible, no matter how many times i've read it, something speaks to me in a new way. God's word has a way of being just what i need and when i need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking this year to be closer to God. Sadly, I have taken Him for granted. I have prayed when in need and after a prayer has been answered. I have stated that I believe in Him and yet do not follow His example. 2011 is a chance for me to right these wrongs and become closer to Him so that when the time comes I will not be afraid either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Reading His word renews and refreshes me. It speaks life to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever read a passage that you're sure you've read a hundred times, but you suddenly can't remember ever having read it...it all seems new? I love that feeling. Or when you're reading a familiar passage, possibly one memorized, and all of a sudden it's like God has taken your blinders off? I love that too.

    PS...so glad you didn't write your posts in Spanish today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to look at life through the "spiritual eye" :0)

    I'm blog hopping today and thought I'd stop by your blog.

    Hope you will stop by and follow either or both of my blogs.

    Jessicas Lil Corner is my family blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE custom blog designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

    Have a very blessed week!! :0)

    ReplyDelete