Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Calling Evil Good



My 3 year old son brought this home from church.  I’m not sure what the lesson was about and apparently he was clueless to.  Just in case you’re in the dark and don’t speak Spanish.  Allow me to translate.  Cosas = Things.  Personas = People.  Ok, take a minute and look at the picture again.  
We laughed when we saw what he’d done.  We busted up.  I mean it’s hilarious! It’s cute.  It’s innocent.  But if he was an 8 year old we’d be worried.  If he was a 13 year old we’d be irritated.  If he was a 20 year old we would shake our heads in disbelief.  
But what my son so innocently colored and pasted, our society preaches.  If the Word of God is truth, what the world teaches is false.  The world calls people things.  It calls things people.  The world calls evil good and good evil.
It forms organizations to protect the rights of dogs and cats and legalizes the killing of unborn children.
It takes the holy union of matrimony, and applauds gay marriage.
It teaches that money buys love and happiness, when we know that God is love and that joy is found in the Lord.
It’s one thing for my son to be confused on an assignment at age 3 when he can’t even read on his own.  It is quite another for him to grow up confused about right and wrong.  It’s my privilege and responsibility to teach him as he grows.  To use scripture as my guide.  And to plant His Word in my children’s heart.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
1 Corinthians 13:11 




Doom to you who call evil good and good evil, Who put darkness in place of light and light in place of darkness, Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
Isaiah 5:20

0 comments:

Post a Comment