Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Three Hands



I was making breakfast this morning.  I had to carry some eggshells and other trash to that toddler proof trashcan in the garage when I realized I didn’t have enough hands.  I transferred the egg shells to the hand with the rest of the trash and reached for the door handle.  Just as I turned it one of the egg shells fell and I heard a crunch as the door hit it and crushed it.  I jokingly said to my husband, “Why don’t I have three hands, didn’t the Lord know I would need three hands?”  Right away I said I know I’m so wrong God did a perfect job making me.  We laughed and then Samuel said, “I just understood something.  God didn’t make us with only one hand, because He knew that wouldn’t be enough and we would struggle to do even basic things.  He didn’t make us with three hands because we would take on to much.  He made us with two hands because that is exactly what we needed.
“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
Psalm 139:14

0 comments:

Post a Comment