Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Ants Go Marching Part 2


So we called the exterminator and he came today.  He put some kind of gel poison around the areas I had seen the ants.  According to him the ants would just run away from where I was spraying the raid and go to another part of the house.  And I said yep that’s exactly what was happening.  So now the ants are supposed to take the poison to their queen so she will die.  He says if the queen doesn’t die than no matter how many ants we spray there will always be more.  But if the queen dies all the other ants will die to.  Wow, that’s interesting.  
It got me thinking about things in my life that I would like to die.  And the same truth applies.  I could kill off my yelling, but the root of anger that is in my heart would still survive, and the yelling would eventually start again.  But if I kill of the root of the problem.  The problem itself will disappear.  Just as the ants can’t survive without their queen, sin can not survive without it’s root.  
It is essential to attack the root of sin in our lives.  It’s the only way to successfully fight against it.  How do you know you have a root of sin in your life?  As my pastor’s wife told us in a bible study, “if there is fruit, there is a root.”  Fruit is the evidence of a root.  So if there is sin, bad attitudes, or disobedience in our lives.  That means there must be root issues that need to be addressed and removed.  What are you struggling with?
Lord,  Show me what roots of sin exist in my heart.  Remove them.  Give me victory in my battles against my sinful nature.  Give me a pure heart like Yours.
“You have heard that the law of Moses says, ‘Do not murder.  If you commit murder, you are subject to judgment.’  But I say, if you are angry with someone, you are subject to judgment!  If you call someone and idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the high council.  And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.”
Matthew 5:21-22
If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy;  if the root is holy, so are the branches.
Romans 11:16


0 comments:

Post a Comment