Friday, November 11, 2011

The Dinosaur, The Superhero, and The Baby

Photobucket



I took this picture a few weeks ago at a church my husband was invited to play keyboard at.  I love it so much.  It totally captures who my boys are.  Grande’s being a dinosaur (looks like a T-Rex to me, but it could also be some kind of raptor).  Mediano has a cape that make him feel like a super hero and he runs around going to the rescue.  And Chico, my sweet little Chico, with his bottle.  He’s the baby.  He knows it and delights in it.
They look so much alike.  No one ever has to wonder if they are brothers or not.  But inside they are unique.  They are special.  They have their own personalities, their own strengths, and their own weaknesses.  
And when I sit down to think about it I wouldn’t have it any other way.  Because I love them, but even more because I know the hand that made them.  I know the Creator who designed them exactly as they are.  I know the One who has created them for a specific purpose and calling.  And He who is much wiser than I gave them what they have in spirit, soul, mind, and body exactly what they need to complete their mission, and to complete it well.
And even now while they are so young he calls to them.  Come to me.  Just as you are.  In your childish ways.  In your joyful and loud play.  With your passions.  With all you are.
But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”
Luke 18:16

8 comments:

  1. Praise God! He loves us each individually for who we are and keeps on Loving us through out our lifetime. Thank you for this wonderful reminder. Your boys are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus had a special place for children, He knew that weren't cynical or had to have proof. To have the heart of a child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post! Your little boys look precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we each have a special place in His heart! His heart is big enough for ALL of us! Isn't that a great reassurance?! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious post and what precious boys you have. Thank you for sharing them with us and for the analogy.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Masterpieces made the Great Creator! I love how each of the boys have varied personalities and strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet post -- I love how our children are all so unique and yet our momma's heart can have such love for each of them in their uniqueness.

    Blessed by your words.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete